Alexandra Searson Mau, PA-C
Alexandra S. Mau, PA-C, joined Arthritis and Rheumatology Center in 2020. Originally from Savannah, she moved to the Atlanta area after completing her undergraduate degree in Biology at the University of Georgia in Athens. She completed her master's degree in Physician Assistant studies at Mercer University in Atlanta.
Alexandra's experience in rheumatology predates her time in PA school. During her early experiences, she discovered her love for and desire to practice in the field of rheumatology. She enjoys the challenges of this field, building rapport with her patients, and helping patients regain their quality of life.
Alexandra is married and has two dogs, a cat, and a fish. Her wife is studying to obtain her master's degree in Creative Writing with a concentration in Poetry with the goal of becoming a college professor. They enjoy spending time outdoors with their dogs and finding new shows to watch on Netflix.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: University of Georgia
- Graduate: Mercer University
Memberships & Certifications
- Board Certification: National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- American College of Rheumatology
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Georgia Association of Physician Assistant